Translate

Monday, September 10, 2012

"What To Do When There's Nothing New"

                      Well now, we've all been here before. I've been researching an ancestor for quite a while (over a year). I've poured over census records, birth, death, books, naturalization, and specialty records. I've contacted historical societies in all surrounding areas. I've called and interviewed every living relative on numerous occasions. I've searched all of the surrounding families according to the multiple census records (Federal and State). Still at this point, the only records I have are secondary resources. I've made a clear and convincing case; although, the perfectionist in me doesn't want to let go. I'll explain in greater detail below how to use Anthropology as a Genealogy resource.

Example...

                      

an·thro·pol·o·gy/ˌanTHrəˈpäləjē/

Noun:
  1. The study of humankind, in particular.
  2. The comparative study of human societies and cultures and their development.
More info »Wikipedia - Dictionary.com - Answers.com - Merriam-Webster 
Source of definition: www.Google.com


              Luckily, I have a portrait of my difficult to brick-wall to evaluate his physical characteristics
                    The photo I have, was taken in the (Davidson County) Tennessee area, in around ~1850, dark hair, dark eyes, medium build, substantial high hairline, and low cheek bones, as well as a prominent jaw line. Let me walk you through this and my photo is at the bottom to compare with my findings. 
http://www.humanbiologicaldiversity.com/Photos/races-of-men2.png
http://www.forumbiodiversity.com/showthread.php/9307-celtic-phenotypes-germanic-phenotypes-and-romance-phenotypes-Romance-Phenotypes

Germanic Phenotypes(Borrebys)

Mostly unreduced, brachycephalized, and depigmented Upper Paleolithic survivor of Cro-Magnoid stock, related to Dalo-Falid and Brünn on one hand and Alpinid on the other. The affiliation is essentially with the former, but a partial process of alpinization establishes an evolutionary relation to the latter. The southern and south-western border with fully alpinized central Europeans is blurry, and has resulted in a number of local intermediate types, such as the Belgian "Walloons type".

Modern Borrebys are derived, historically, from the old northwestern European coastal fishing population. In many places, such as the Norwegian coastal district of Jæren, Borrebys seem to have been among the first humans to settle permanently, during the late Mesolithic.

In modern times the Borreby type is found nowhere as a true population, except perhaps in Jæren and on the island of Fehmarn, off the German coast, where it exists in relative purity. Elsewhere it is strongly diluted with other elements.

Germanic Phenotypes(Borrebys)
            This is the closest match that I personally have observed, below is my ancestor
My Great Great Grandfather, "William Riley Rediker I"

                    If anyone try's this and likes it, please let me know I would love to hear any thoughts.